Everybody knows how to search the internet with Google Search. Imagine to search for things in Windchill with the same simple and easy approach! nexiles.finder provides a minimalistic search field to search for, find and access, and investigate content managed in Windchill. No complex user interface, extremely fast and lightweight and absolutely no need for training necessary. nexiles.finder allows people to access things in Windchill in a very fast and simple way.
Features and benefits of nexiles.finder:
- Extremely fast and lightweight
- Minimalistic and intuitive user interface providing simple means to define searches and analyze and access the search results.
- No training necessary to find and use content managed in Windchill.
- All access is controlled by regular Windchill permissions for the authenticated user.
- Fully customizable searches and ways of presenting the search results.
- One search field is used to search over a whole range of criteria in Windchill.
How does nexiles.finder help to make work more effective?
With nexiles.finder anyone can search and access content managed in Windchill. CAD-Designers are typically very familiar with using the native Windchill user-interface. However, other users in the business are often struggling with finding their way to the right content in Windchill.
CAD Designers working with Creo can easily search for models in Windchill (search over name, number, cadname and any other attribute) and use the found results directly in the CAD session. Search results are handled object specific. Models can be opened and assembled, while e.g. materials can be assigned to the active model.
People working with published drawings and documents (typically generated and stamped when being released) are getting direct and easy access to download the required content. There is no need anymore to bother designers with questions for help to take a look at the 3D model, access the drawing or finding documents and other things.
- Windchill 10.1 installation or later
- Modern browser supporting Windchill 10.1 or later
System requirements for the Creo integration:
- Pro/ENGINEER Wildfire 5.0 or later
- Creo 1.0, 2.0, 3.0 or later
- The URL for nexiles.finder must be accepted as a safe site in Windows security.
nexiles.finder is implemented and provided as a Windchill App using nexiles technology. This means that the application itself becomes a Windchill object that is managed within the Windchill database using all available life-cycle and versioning mechanisms. There is no need for any additional webserver or database and future migrations, updates and rehostings are not affecting the application in any way.
What makes nexiles.finder different from standard Windchill Search?
- nexiles.finder is extremely simple and intuitive to use. One search field to start with and then more ways to narrow down the search.
- nexiles.finder is incredibly fast.
- nexiles.finder provides direct access to the contents (primary, secondary and representations) of the found documents.
- nexiles.finder requires no training to be able to use it.
- nexiles.finder allows simple ways to investigate the BOM and Where-Used relations for CAD models. It provides also ways to effectively compare models and documents with each other showing the differences.
- nexiles.finder can be directly used from within Creo. Any found matches can either be opened or assembled.
Talk with an expert
Global: +47 46 500 509
Germany: +49 (0) 751 270 856 50
Everybody knows how to search the internet with Google Search. Imagine to search for things in Windchill with the same simple and easy approach!